We picked up the Tutor mini and found it does everything we need it to. 50 balls in the hopper is more than enough. Speed is more than adequate as we have only used it up to 6. Well worth the purchase from Pickleball Depot.
Pickleball Tutor Mini
Tutor Mini Features:
- Ball Speed – Up to 50 MPH
- Ball Feed – From every one second (for quick-reaction volleys) to every 10 seconds
- Holds approximately 55 balls
- Rechargeable Battery – Built-in battery provides up to three hours of playing time per charge. (can add External Battery Pack for extended play- see HERE)
- Battery Power (can add external AC Power Supply accessory- see HERE)
- Random Oscillator
- Electronic Elevation- Ball trajectory is controlled manually
- Unit weight: 24lbs
*Please note: The best performing balls for these machines are harder balls such as the Core outdoor balls or Franklin outdoor balls. With these balls being harder than other balls, such as the Penn or Onix balls, they will produce the best results for ball ejection, speed, and ball drive. Note if using any type of indoor balls the speed and projection height will be slightly slower and lower than a harder ball and may occasionally get stuck in the ball hopper.
In Canada, The Pickleball Tutor machine is covered under manufactures warranty for 2 years while the battery is covered for a period of 1 year (parts only, no labour). Select parts such as hopper flaps come with a lifetime warranty and can be supplied at no charge (shipping charges apply). Wear and tear parts such as throwing wheels are not covered under warranty but can be purchased though Pickleball Depot. Warranty covers original purchaser.