The drills give a good mix up. The spin, speed and frequency variations are fantastic!
Only negative is occasionally a ball gets caught in the feeder, or shoots a short ball directly out the side of the machine.
PLUS ULTRA features:
The ULTRA models include all the features of the SPIN & PLUS models AND:
- Four PRESET shots: Straight Dink, Crosscourt Dink, 3rd Shot Drop, and Lob. All PRESET shots are customizable so can modify the speed, spin, elevation and interval, and your modified settings will be automatically stored.
- Two pre-programmed DRILLS: (15 FH – 15 BH) – Shoots 15 medium-paced shots to the forehand side, then 15 to the backhand side, then repeats. SPIN model (10 R – 10 F – 10 L) – Shoots 10 shots with right sidespin, then 10 flat shots with no spin, then 10 shots with left sidespin, then repeats. PLUS model (10 U – 10 F – 10 T) – Shoots 10 shots with underspin, then 10 flat shots with no spin, then 10 shots with topspin, then repeats. All shots in both DRILLS are customizable.
- ELECTRONIC ELEVATION with a BAR GRAPH DISPLAY shows the elevation setting on the control panel so you can set it to your favourite spot before firing any balls.
- RANDOM and 2-LINE oscillator features are standard.
- FM multi-function wireless remote.
Tutor SPIN & PLUS Common Features (included in all Ultra machines)
• Serves • Groundstrokes • Dinks • Lobs • Drives
- Ball Feed – From every one second (for quick-reaction volleys) to every 10 seconds
- Ball Speed- Up to 60 MPH (SPIN model)
- Holds large amount of balls -125 with SPIN model
- Throws both indoor and outdoor pickleballs. *HARD balls recommended for use*
- Start-up time delay allows time to get to the other side of the net before balls begin shooting.
- Rechargeable Battery – Built-in battery provides up to four hours of playing time per charge. (can add External Battery Pack for extended play- see HERE)
- Smart Battery Charger – Fully charges the battery overnight and shuts off automatically to prevent over-charging.
- Battery Power
- Random Oscillator
- Electronic Elevation- Ball trajectory is controlled by a simple electronic switch on the control panel rather than a manual knob.
- Unit weight: 30lbs
- Unit Dimensions: 12"H x 19.5"L x 18"W
The best performing balls for these machines are harder balls such as the Core outdoor balls or Franklin outdoor balls. With these balls being harder than other balls, such as the Penn or Onix balls, they will produce the best results for ball ejection, speed, and ball drive. Note if using any indoor balls the speed and projection height will be slightly slower and lower than a harder ball and may occasionally get stuck in the ball hopper.
In Canada, The Pickleball Tutor machine is covered under manufactures warranty for 2 years while the battery is covered for a period of 1 year (parts only, no labour). Select parts such as hopper flaps come with a lifetime warranty and can be supplied at no charge (shipping charges apply). Wear and tear parts such as throwing wheels are not covered under warranty but can be purchased though Pickleball Depot. Warranty covers original purchaser.