Shipping + Warranty
FREE shipping on orders of $99+ (pre-tax) on most items*
*Flat shipping rate of $19.95 applies to all orders under $99.
*Heavy item shipping surcharge of $25 applies to Sports Tutor ball machines, windscreens and select large court equipment.
Standard Processing Time: 1-2 Business Days: We attempt to ship all orders within 1 business day, but depending on volume sometimes orders will ship in 2 business days.
Orders are not processed on weekends or holidays (likely we are all at the courts playing pickleball!). Processing time does not include transit time which varies based on the shipping method. Based on shipping location and order size/weight we will ship your order using either FedEx or Canada Post. Approximate transit times for each service are listed below.
Address Correction Charge: If an address needs to be changed or corrected once the order has shipped and left our facility or the shipment needs to be diverted to another address, an address correction charge will apply and is the responsibility of the customer (amount varies depending on address).
Fedex 1-4 day shipping to most areas in Canada! **Does not include holidays and weekends**
Please note: As important Covid-19 safety measures and major weather events continue, delays should be expected as FedEx cannot guarantee estimated time of arrivals.
1-2 day delivery within Western Canada*
2-3 day delivery to Central Canada*
3-4 day delivery to Eastern Canada*
***FedEx Express shipping may not be available to every location. If a customer paid for Express shipping and it's not possible, the shipping department will get ahold of you. Please note the extra $19.95 shipping charge may be subject to change based on the shipping address.
Orders shipped by Canada Post follow the approximate delivery schedule.
Please note: As important Covid-19 safety measures and major weather events continue, delays should be expected as Canada Post cannot guarantee estimated time of arrivals.
British Columbia- 1-3 business days
Alberta- 2-5 business days
Saskatchewan/Manitoba 4-6 business days
Ontario- 6-8 business days
Quebec- 7-9 business days
Nova Scotia/New Brunswick/ Newfoundland/PEI- 9-13 business days
Nunavut/NWT/Yukon- 10-13 business days and shipping surcharges apply as follows:
Orders $200 and up= $40 (heavy shipment surcharge)
Need something fast? Order online and pick up at our Vernon or Kelowna retail locations. It couldn’t be easier. Hundreds of products are available for next day pickup from your closest store.
Vernon Retail Shop- 4211 25A Ave, unit #1
Kelowna Retail Shop- #550-1950 Harvey Ave / Spall Plaza
International Shipping: At this time we do not ship outside Canada
Warranties vary with each company. Warranties are for manufacturers defects or breakage from normal use. If you damage your paddle while hitting the ground, the court floor, smashing it against your thigh, smacking a basketball hoop (we've seen it happen), or hitting any object other than a pickleball….then please do not ask for warranty coverage. We will always be fair in a warranty settlement but we ask for fairness on your part as well. Keep in mind that your paddle must have an actual defect to be considered for an exchange.
Paddles are not warrantied against normal wear and tear, unauthorized modifications or alterations, improper use, improper maintenance, accident, misuse, negligence, damage, or if the product is used for a purpose for which it is not designed. Scuffs, marring, abrasion, face separation, exposed graphite core, and chipping as a result of court impact is not covered. Normal wear includes faded graphics, small dents or scratches (which don’t affect play) and markings/residue left by pickleballs on the face. You should keep your paddle out of extreme temperatures and humid conditions to prevent early decomposition, and never use your paddle to hit anything other than a pickleball. Pickleball Depot will cover the shipping cost of the warrantied replacement paddle within the first 90 days of purchase. After 90 days, the shipping charge is the responsibility of the customer.
Most manufacturers will not take back paddles that have been tampered with (re-glued, grip changed, etc.) or those that have been marked with permanent identification, so if you want to put your name on your paddle, it’s best to use a sticker.
What's offered from our manufacturer's for warranty? Please read through the list below.
- Paddletek- limited lifetime performance guarantee that protects against manufacturer defects. To activate coverage, customers must register their paddles within 14 days of purchase at paddletek.com. The performance guarantee applies only to the original owner and cannot be transferred after registration.
- Engage Pickleball- limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects and workmanship of original purchaser (non transferable). See website for restrictions, to register your paddle, and further details.
- Selkirk- paddles are covered for limited lifetime of original purchaser (non transferable) for breakage or any defects other than inflicted damage to the paddle. (some limitations on denting). With the exception of the SLK series which is covered for one year warranty against manufacturer defects. See website for restrictions and further details. Complete claim form at selkirk.com/warranty-claim for all Canadian Selkirk warranty claims.
- Selkirk SLK -paddles are covered for 1 year from date of purchase (non transferable) for breakage or any manufacturer defects other than inflicted damage to the paddle (some limitations on denting). Complete claim form on website for all Canadian SLK warranty claims.
- PROLITE- paddles are covered for 1 year warranty against manufacturer defects, materials or a problem with the workmanship. Along with a 1 year "no dead spot" warranty. This warranty does not transfer, apply to discontinued models, nor does it cover a paddle that has been modified from its original form, normal wear, abuse, or wear on the face of the paddle from play. See website for restrictions and further details.
- Onix - All Recruit paddles (Recruit Starter Set, Recruit 1.0, Recruit 2.0) are covered 90 days from the point of purchase. All other paddles that are not a part of the Recruit Series are covered by a 1 year manufacturer warranty from the point of purchase (non transferable). See website for restrictions and further details.
- Apex- paddles are covered for 1 year with the exception of the Club Ignite which comes with a 6 month warranty against breakage or any defects other than inflicted damage to the paddle. See website for restrictions and further details. Please note the warranty is non transferable.
- Head- paddles are covered for 1 year against manufacturer defects of original purchaser (non transferable).
- GearBox- paddles are covered for 1 year against manufacturer defects of original purchaser (non transferable).
- Prince- paddles are covered for 1 year against manufacturer defects of original purchaser (non transferable).
- ProKennex- paddles are covered for 1 year against manufacturer defects of original purchaser (non transferable). Please note this warranty does not cover wear and tear on the edging.
- Combat - paddles are covered for 1 year against manufacturer defects of original purchaser (non transferable). Please note the warranty does not cover a paddle that has been modified from its original form. To register your paddle (necessary for warranty purposes) and for further details visit their website.
- Franklin - paddles are covered for 1 year against manufacturer defects from the date of purchase of original purchaser (non transferable). Please note warranty does not cover regular wear and tear or paddle misuse. Franklin Warranty Claim forms can be submitted HERE
- Baddle - paddles are covered for 1 year against manufacturer defects from the date of purchase of original purchaser (non transferable). Please note warranty does not cover regular wear and tear or paddle misuse.
- Babolat offers a 1 year manufacturer’s defect warranty from date of purchase stating that the paddle is free from defect in material or workmanship within this period. This warranty is only valid for purchases made directly from Babolat or authorized Babolat dealers and is not transferrable. Paddles affected by normal wear and tear, abuse and negligence will not be accepted. Normal wear includes fades graphics, small dents or scratches and markings/residue left by pickleballs on the face. Paddles that have been tampered with (re-glued, grip changed, etc.) or have been marked with permanent identification will not be eligible for a warranty claim.
- Poach Pickleball - paddles are covered for 120 days against manufacturer defects from the date of purchase of original purchaser (non transferable). Please note warranty does not cover regular wear and tear or paddle misuse.
- Joola - paddles are covered for 6 months against manufacturer defects from the date of purchase of original purchaser (non transferable). Please note warranty does not cover regular wear and tear or paddle misuse.
Terms of Guarantee: On Pickleball Paddles, Pickleball Depot will furnish, at no charge, the same or equivalent replacement pickleball paddle (no refunds will be given) if the purchased paddle cracks or breaks through normal use within the warranty coverage period. The cost of shipping is covered on any warranty paddle within 30 days of original purchase, after which the shipping charge of the replacement paddle is the responsibility of the customer.
Manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship are covered during warranty period
What's Not Covered?
Normal wear and tear, damage caused by abuse, negligence or user modification, and the natural breakdown or fading of graphics over extended use are not covered. Cracks and damage close to the edge of a paddle are not covered by warranty. These are usually caused by hitting another paddle, the court floor or other solid objects. A ball will not cause this type of damage. Please see picture as reference.
To simplify the replacement process, all we require is a picture of the broken or damaged product sent to us via email. Upon our confirmation of the warranty claim, you can dispose of the damaged product. Some exceptions may apply to individual manufacturers, we will instruct you accordingly if we require the product to be sent back to us.
*Extreme Temperature & Liquid Damage is NOT covered*
It is advised to keep your paddle from being exposed to extreme temperatures. If you live in colder climates, do not to keep your paddle in the trunk of your car or in your garage. Cold air can make objects more brittle and therefore more likely to break and/or crack (especially edging).
Paddle & ball manufactures DO NOT recommend playing in outside cold temperatures below 8 degrees celsius (46 Fahrenheit) as this could lead to equipment damage.
It's also advised to refrain from leaving your paddle in extreme heat (sitting on a searing hot court, in the trunk of your car etc). The paddle face can become soft after being exposed to heat and melt the glue used within the construction of your paddle. It is also recommended you keep your paddle from coming into contact with water or other liquids as these will also damage your paddle.
Playing in these temperatures or subjecting you paddle to any of these elements will void your paddle's warranty.