A bit surprised as it is totally different from my actual Power Air… it will tame some time to do the transition…
I currently own 8 paddles and like them all. I have used my new LUXX in three pickleball sessions and I can say without hesitation, this LUXX paddle is the best for my game by far. At 7.8 ounces I am quicker to the ball. The surface has more “Grab” which improves my spin and control. It feels “Soft” which has improved my dinking. If you are considering a new paddle, this new Selkirk is well worth your consideration.
LUXX Contol Air Epic Specs:
- Midweight Range: 7.9 – 8.3 oz.
- Grip Circumference: 4 1/4"
- Grip Selkirk Geo Grip
- Handle Length: 5.25"
- Paddle Length: 16
- Paddle Width: 7.9”
- Face: Florek Carbon Fiber
- Core material: Thikset Honeycomb
- Core Thickness: 20mm
- Edge Guard: Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless
- Manufacturer: Selkirk Sport
- Assembled in the USA
PADDLE WEIGHT REQUESTS:
Paddle weight requests are welcomed at no additional charge and will be fulfilled to the best of our ability as inventory allows. We unfortunately cannot guarantee weight requests, however when the exact weight is not available we will fulfill the order the with a paddle that is +/- 0.1oz within the requested weight. Beyond a +/- 0.1oz the shipping department will contact you with alternative weight options.
POWER AIR TECHNOLOGY
Florek Carbon Fiber: Florek Carbon Fiber is our proprietary blend of carbon fiber that offers unmatched control and added power. This superior fiber composition also enables a larger sweet spot, guaranteeing optimal performance on every stroke.
X7 Thikset Honeycomb Core: The Luxx Control Air carries forward the innovative 20mm X7 Thikset honeycomb core from Labs 003, offering players even more power and control. The core’s maximum sweet spot is further enhanced by the honeycomb construction, which provides a more consistent feel on every shot.
Air Dynamic Throat: The refined Air Dynamic Throat in Luxx Control Air provides optimal airflow and enhanced ball control, ensuring a smooth, controlled gameplay experience.
ThroatFlex: The ThroatFlex open throat design maximizes flex upon ball contact, extends dwell time on the paddle, and enhances power play, providing unwavering consistency in every game.
ProSpin+ NextGen Texture: The refined ProSpin+ NextGen Micro Texture technology developed in Selkirk Labs provides a more durable spin surface, ensuring unparalleled consistency and precision in shaping and controlling the ball.
360° Proto Molding: Luxx Control Air’s 360° Proto Molding technology delivers exceptional power and a consistent feel on every hit thanks to its high-pressure manufacturing process.
Upgraded Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless Technology: The Luxx Control Air features an improved Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology, crafted from our specialty blend of impact-resistant composites and polymer, to ensure increased edge reliability during intense gameplay.
FlexFoam Perimeter: Originally developed in Selkirk Labs in the 002 paddle, FlexFoam Perimeter technology injects a specially formulated foam across the paddle's entire perimeter to increase durability, add weight, enlarge the sweet spot, and absorb vibrations from every hit.
CM Anti-Torque Technology: Our CM Anti-Torque Technology features an ideal core thickness and perfect mass placement, providing unmatched stability for an even smoother and more control playing experience.
- Invikta | Long Handle & Longest Paddle Shape: Favoured for its increased sweet spot size when compared to other elongated Pickleball paddle shapes, the Invikta is popular with intermediate to Pro player, and is the brainchild of National Pickleball Champion, Tyson McGuffin. Its elongated shape, large sweet spot, and long handle provide more power, more reach, and more spin.
- Epic | Long Handle & Standard Paddle Shape: Pairing a traditional Pickleball paddle shape with a large surface area and a long handle, the Epic delivers the perfect blend of power and control. Versatile and well-rounded, the Epic paddle shape is ideal for the beginner and the seasoned pro.
- S2 | Standard Paddle Shape with Short Handle: Featuring the largest sweet spot of all Selkirk paddle shapes, the S2 provides amplified power and reliable consistency. Its traditional shape and extra large surface area pairs with a shorter handle to offer players ultimate control on the court.
Paddles are covered for limited lifetime of original purchaser (non transferable) for breakage or any manufacturer defects other than inflicted damage to the paddle (some limitations on denting). One (1) paddle warranty per purchase. See website for restrictions and further details
*Once purchased, please register your paddle for Selkirk Lifetime Warranty HERE